Community Empowerment for Rural Development
Community Empowerment for Rural Development (CEFORD) is a not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organization registered as a Limited Liability (by Guarantee) under Registrar of Companies since June 2000; and in November 2000 with Uganda Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Board according to the NGOs Statute of 1989.
- Project Management
- Basic Computer Proficiency
- Communications Skills
- Monitoring community metrics
Location: Kiryandongo (1), Terego (1)
Reports to: Skills Development Expert
The Project Officer for Skills Development is responsible for coordinating and overseeing projects designed to improve the skills and competencies of youth, with a focus on workforce development in non-formal field. This role involves project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure the successful achievement of project goals.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for development and execution of detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets ensuring that activities are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Identify and allocate necessary resources, including staff, trainers and materials to the project.
- Manage project budgets, expenses and procurement of necessary materials. Stakeholder Engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, trainers and participants.
- Communicate project progress and updates to stakeholders.
- Provide feedback to project participants and partners concerning issues raised on the project.
- Represent CEFORD at interagency and technical working group meetings and update stakeholders about the implementation of the project.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor project activities to ensure they are on track and aligned with project goals.
- Collect, analyze and maintain participants database to measure the impact and effectiveness of skills development programs.
- Make recommendations for program improvements based on evaluation results and learnings from activity implementation. Documentation and
- Maintain accurate records of project activities, expenses and outcomes.
- Responsible for preparation of timely and quality project reports, success stories and lessons learnt for sharing with project sponsors, management and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements and regulations. Quality Assurance
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the delivery of high-quality skills development programs
- Identify and address any issues or challenges that may arise during project implementation.
- Coordinate training sessions, workshops, or educational programs to facilitate knowledge sharing among project participants and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and support to project staff, trainers, and facilitators.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in skills development.
Person Specifications / Qualifications:
- Bachelor\\\'s degree in Technical Vocational Studies, Social Sciences, Development studies, Entrepreneurship and Project Management, Business Administration and any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementation of technical vocational skills, project management and digital literacy with a reputable humanitarian organization is a must.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design is a plus.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community, traditions, culture, beliefs of refugee/host community hierarchical structures.
- Must have computer skills, training and mentoring skills
- Familiarity with funding and grant management may be required depending on the organization.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit is a MUST.