CEFORD in collaboration with Muni University, Gulu University, Bishop Stuart University, Finn Church Aid, Danchurch Aid, Palmcorps, Meeting Point Kitgum and Young Africa Refugees for Integral Development are implementing RETI Program an initiative contributing towards the realization of Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works Strategy. The four (4) years RETI Program seeks to address the youth unemployment challenges in 15 refugees hosting Districts in Adjumani, Obongi, Arua, Koboko, Madi Okollo, Terego and Yumbe in West Nile; Kiryandongo, Lamwo, Gulu in Northern Uganda and Kyegegwa, Kamwenge, and Mbarara in South Western Uganda. The program will improve access to quality, innovation and relevant and skills development program for refugees and hosting community youth and transition them into dignified and fulfilling work.
In order to realize the project goal and objectives, CEFORD invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
MEAL Officer is to adopt and implement Programme Area MEAL System to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme area and project performance, and internal management. Contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Implementation and Management
- Support in designing and update programme area MEAL System and monitor compliance to SOP, policy, Tools, target bank.
- Support research, evaluations, assessments, learning and resource mobilization.
- Participate in programme area technical report writing for presentation to the board, donors and key stakeholders (OPM, UNHCR).
- Measure and disseminate programme area performance against standard catalogue both programme and finance quarterly and annually.
- Conduct programme area data quality assurance, validation of deliverables (items distributed, financial reports and procurement processes) to ensure quality and value for money.
- Organize programme review meetings and joint monitoring supervision quarterly.
- Develop and maintain programme area masterplan database and track KPI, PMF, budget and ensure digitalization and visualization of data in Bi, Web, KoboToolBox, GIS, etc.
- Establish and track programme area complaints and feedback mechanisms to affected persons.
- Provide technical capacity building for staff on MEAL concept to enable result-based intervention.
- Operationalize CEFORD social media platforms and update them regularly.
- Prepare annual and quarterly MEAL costed calendar or workplans for approval by the supervisor before 25th day of the last month to the end of the previous year and quarter.
- Ensure proper utilization and accountability for all project funds within 14 days upon receipt of the funds.
- Support programme staff to prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to supervisor before 20th day of the month of reporting.
- Monitor implementation of approved MEAL costed workplan and ensure budget performance is above 50% at all times.
- Attend quarterly stakeholder’s coordination meetings at the Settlement, District Local Government and validate quality of CEFORD files with minutes filed for review by the supervisor.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Ensure, MEAL Coordinator operate in a secure environment and comply with security procedures and policies.
- Ensure optimal use of human resources, including promotion of team work and securing adequate training of staff and promotion of talented staff.
3. Reporting and accountability
- Maintain an open dialogue with the beneficiaries to promote transparency and
accountability including contributing to and implementing the Core Humanitarian
- Identify, document and disseminate best practices gained from the project interventions
in the areas of operation.
- Share responsibility to maintain community participation mechanisms in the Host/Refuge
settlement ensuring that the voices of men, women, boys, girls and groups with specific
needs are heard and represented.
4. Representation and coordination
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with CEFORD staff, national and local authorities, international, national and grassroots organizations and groups, associations as well as technical focal points, coordinate all planned project activities with other partners.
- Represent CEFORD in relevant forums e.g., working groups, coordination structures with OPM, UNHCR, donors, Districts and NGOs in agreement with the MEAL Coordinator.
Person Specifications / Qualifications
- The ideal applicant must hold Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Demography and Population Studies, Business Computing (IT), Social Sciences and any other related field.
- Post Graduate Diploma in M&E is a must.
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&E related field with a busy reputable humanitarian organization is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills, including patience, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community, traditions, culture, beliefs of refugee/host community hierarchical structures.
- Must have computer skills, training, and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of local or commonly spoken languages in the region is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and advocacy Skills
- Commitment to the vision and mission of CEFORD
- Ability to produce quality reports on time
Applications clearly stating the position and location applied for accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with contacts and email addresses of 3 referees including day telephone numbers and photocopies of relevant academic documents like transcripts, certificates, testimonials should be addressed to:
The Executive Director – CEFORD
P.O. Box 303
Electronic applications having all the required documents combined as one PDF file should be emailed with the subject clearly marked “Position Applied-LocationName of Applicant” to email@example.com. All applications should reach the above address by Friday 24th November 2023 by 4:00PM. Late submission of applications and those not in one pdf file will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply