CEFORD in collaboration with Muni University, Gulu University, Bishop Stuart University, Finn Church Aid, Danchurch Aid, Palmcorps, Meeting Point Kitgum and Young Africa Refugees for Integral Development are implementing RETI Program an initiative contributing towards the realization of Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works Strategy. The four (4) years RETI Program seeks to address the youth unemployment challenges in 15 refugees hosting Districts in Adjumani, Obongi, Arua, Koboko, Madi Okollo, Terego and Yumbe in West Nile; Kiryandongo, Lamwo, Gulu in Northern Uganda and Kyegegwa, Kamwenge, and Mbarara in South Western Uganda. The program will improve access to quality, innovation and relevant and skills development program for refugees and hosting community youth and transition them into dignified and fulfilling work.
In order to realize the project goal and objectives, CEFORD invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy.
Location: CEFORD AruaBits
Reports to: Project Officer
Job Summary: The Digital Mentor is a technology-savvy staff member who guides and supports youth in developing digital literacy and competence. This role involves helping learners become proficient in using digital devices, applications, and online resources for job creation.
- Digital Skills Training: Provide one-on-one or group training sessions to teach digital skills to participants. Cover a wide range of topics, including software programming (Python, Java, PHP etc), internet navigation, email management, social media usage, and digital security.
- Individualized Support: Assess the specific needs and skill levels of learners to tailor training programs accordingly. Offer personalized guidance and support to address learners’ unique challenges and goals.
- Resource Identification: Assist learners in identifying and accessing digital resources, such as online tutorials, educational websites, and software applications. Recommend relevant apps or tools to enhance digital productivity and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting: Help learners resolve technical issues and troubleshoot common problems encountered while using digital devices and software. Foster problem-solving skills to increase learners’ confidence in tackling digital challenges independently.
- Digital Safety and Security: Educate learners about online safety, privacy, and cybersecurity best practices. Raise awareness of potential digital threats and how to protect personal information.
- Evaluation and Progress Tracking: Assess learners’ progress regularly through quizzes, assessments, or practical exercises. Maintain records of learners’ achievements and track their improvement over time.
- Feedback and Communication: Provide constructive feedback to learners to help them refine their digital skills. Foster open communication and a supportive learning environment.
- Stay Updated: Keep up-to-date with the latest digital trends, tools, and technologies. Attend workshops or training sessions to enhance your own digital knowledge.
Person Specifications / Qualifications
- Minimum of Certificate in information technology, digital media or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in various digital technologies, operating systems, and software applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and empathy when working with individuals of different skill levels.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and adaptability.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility and inclusivity is a plus.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, or adult education is beneficial.
Applications clearly stating the position and location applied for accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with contacts and email addresses of 3 referees including day telephone numbers and photocopies of relevant academic documents like transcripts, certificates, and testimonials should be addressed to:
The Executive Director – CEFORD
P.O. Box 303
Electronic applications having all the required documents combined as one PDF file should be emailed with the subject clearly marked “Position Applied-LocationName of Applicant” to email@example.com. All applications should reach the above address by Friday 24th November 2023 by 4:00PM. Late submission of applications and those not in one pdf file will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply