Community Empowerment for Rural Development (CEFORD) is a leading, not for profit Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in West Nile, registered with the National NGO Board; and operating in West Nile (Uganda).
CEFORD wishes to recruit competent persons to fill the post of Project Officer to support the self-reliance, resilience and social stability of displacement affected communities, South Sudanese refugees, and their host communities in Arua, Yumbe and Adjumani districts.
Job Title : Project Officer (PO) 1 Position
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Contract Period: 1 Year (renewable upon good performance)
- To facilitate the development and implementation of CEFORD project activities at
community level in line with Area Work Plans
- To ensure timely preparation of progress reports and accountabilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work plans for implementation of CEFORD project activities in area of
- Implement, monitor and evaluate project activities;
- Participate in research including baseline and other surveys, and needs assessment of community development demands and expectations;
- Provide technical support to the target community groups;
- Prepare and submit quality progress reports on implementation as per agreed schedules with the Project Coordinator;
- Contribute to strengthening of CEFORD-Community relations and positive image;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Experience, Education and Required Skills
- Minimum first University degree in the discipline of Agriculture and/or Diploma in Agriculture;
- Certificate in Project Planning and Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years working experience (preferably with a civil society organization) in Rural Development Programme, Agriculture and Institutional Capacity Building; Experience in working in refugee setting an added advantage.
- Computer literate: MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High level of integrity, commitment, strong report writing, analytical and communication skills, knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Must be self supervised, able to work extra hours and willingness to adhere to organization values.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community; traditions, culture, beliefs and refugee/host community hierarchical structures
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Strong communication skills, knowledge of local language (Madi), knowledge of Arabic or any of the refugees’ language an added advantage.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit is a MUST
Applications in own handwriting, clearly stating the position applied for and District of preference accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of relevant academic transcripts, testimonials and contacts of 3 referees including day telephone numbers, should be addressed to:
The Executive Director – CEFORD
P.O. Box 303,
To reach her not later than 4:00 pm Thursday 3rd May 2017.
Applications can be delivered to the CEFORD Offices in Adjumani, Yumbe and Arua only. Late
submission of applications will not be accepted.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply.